Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre is funded by Consumer Affairs Victoria to assist vulnerable and disadvantaged clients with consumer related complaints.
We regularly negotiate with traders on behalf of consumers and assist clients to apply to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal to resolve their disputes.
We assist clients who are financially disadvantaged and vulnerable with complex consumer issues. And we assist consumers to prepare for and attend the Victorian and Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
To be eligible under this program, our clients need to be receiving:
- a Centrelink benefit (pension, welfare payment), or
- be experiencing financial hardship (e.g. recent retrenchment, death or illness of the main breadwinner),
- and be either
– Aboriginal and/or Torres strait Islander, or
– experiencing Family Violence, or
– have an intellectual or physical disability, or
– unable to access to information, or
– lack formal education, or
– experiencing a major life event (e.g. accident, divorce, unemployment), or
– have limited English language proficiency, or
– have a mental health issue, or
– have a substance abuse issue