COVID-19 Service Update

Loddon Campaspe CLC office in Bendigo opens September 21st

We have adapted how we are working to ensure community safety. You’ll notice several changes on your next visit to our office.

From Monday 21st September, our office will be open to the community for walk-in enquiries. We will also continue to deliver a range of services remotely and encourage people to contact us by telephone.

Our new office opening hours are 9:00am to 4:00pm. Our phone lines will stay open until 5:00pm.

The health and safety of our clients, staff and the community remains our number one priority. We will be following official public health guidelines and a strict cleaning schedule to ensure that our offices are COVID safe.

All visitors to the office will be required to sign-in, wear a face mask, and follow instructions from our staff to help maintain social distancing. Masks and hand sanitiser will be available at reception.

If you have any feedback or questions about the steps we are taking to ensure our office is COVID safe, please call us or speak to one of our friendly reception staff on your next visit.

We can help with a range of legal problems, including:

  • Family Violence
  • Child Protection
  • Parenting Arrangements (Family Law)
  • Debt[

Phone: (03) 5445 0909 or FREECALL 1800 450 909

We are also providing (limited) casework support to clients with complex legal matters.

Duty Lawyer Services

Courts in our region are still processing Family Violence Intervention Orders.

If you need legal advice before your matter is heard at court, please call us for a telephone appointment. We can provide your instructions to the court if you cannot attend in person. If you choose to attend court, we can also assist you via telephone.

For more information about our duty lawyer services at Magistrates’ Courts in Bendigo, Maryborough, Echuca, Kyneton and Castlemaine, please call us or speak to the Court Registry Office.

Secondary consultations for support workers

If you need legal information to support your clients, we can help. We provide general legal information to support workers in the health and community sector to explain legal processes and to help you make appropriate referrals. These ‘secondary consultations’ are general in nature, so please do not share your client’s name or any identifying information specific to your client’s circumstances when speaking with our lawyers. Call us to book a telephone consultation.

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some answers to Frequently Asked Questions about your rights and how to get legal help during the COVID-19 health crisis:

Are courts still open?

All Magistrates’ Courts remain open. Fast-tracked family violence intervention order matters are still being heard. Other non-urgent matters are being adjourned (postponed) to later in the year. The court will let you know of any changes to hearing dates. For more information and updates from the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria, click here.

What do I do if I need to take out an intervention order or go to court?

If you are experiencing family violence, the police can help you get an Family Violence Intervention Order as quickly as possible.

If you are in immediate danger, call “000”.

Otherwise you can contact your local police station for help applying for an intervention order.

Bendigo Police Station is open 24 hours at 221 High St, Bendigo, telephone (03) 5448 1300. A list of contact details for other stations across Victoria is available here.

Fast-tracked family violence matters are still being heard by the Magistrates’ Court, via telephone and video-link. For updates from the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria click here.

We can provide free legal advice and court representation for family violence and related matters via telephone at Magistrates’ Courts in Bendigo, Echuca, Castlemaine, Kyneton and Maryborough. Call us on
(03) 5445 0909 or FREECALL 1800 450 909 for assistance.

Can I leave my house during COVID-19 restrictions if I am unsafe? 

Yes. The Victorian Government says people can leave their homes if there is family violence, or violence by another person in the home, and you are at risk.

If you or someone you know is experiencing family violence, call the Safe Steps 24/hour Family Violence Help Line on 1800 015 188.

If you in immediate danger call ‘000’.

For more information on family violence support during the COVID-19 health crisis, visit the Victorian Government website here or the Centre for Non Violence website here.

How does COVID-19 affect parenting arrangements?

If you need legal advice about parenting arrangements, we can help. Please call us to book a telephone advice appointment.

The following general information is provided by Victoria Legal Aid:

Many parents feel worried and confused about what the COVID-19 coronavirus means for their children and parenting arrangements.

There are three important things you need to know:

  • If you have court orders, you must continue to follow them unless you have a reasonable excuse not to.
  • Everyone must follow laws and public health guidelines
  • You should try to work through any changes with the other parent and come up with an agreement, if that is safe for you and the children.

For more information about what this means, please see Victoria Legal Aid’s website here.

Other legal information and resources

Below are some links to legal information and resources about COVID-19 and your rights:

Comments are closed.

Designed by Woo Themes   Customised by