A workshop for lawyers to assist older clients at risk of financial abuse
Loddon Campaspe CLC is presenting a free workshop for local lawyers on financial abuse of elderly clients. The presentations will be followed with opportunities for questions and discussion. A light supper will be served.
Thursday 10 April 2014
Activity Room 1, Goldfields Library, Lyttleton Terrace Bendigo
Community Lawyer, Seniors Rights Victoria
- Recognizing financial abuse
- The legal practitioner’s role
- Role of Seniors Rights Victoria
Community Lawyer, Loddon Campaspe CLC
- Capacity – strategies to reduce risk
Abuse – Preventive measures:
- For example, family agreements, Centrelink issues.
What legal action can be taken?
- For example, equity law, contract, caveats.
Substitute decision-making: powers of attorney, guardianship and administration
RSVP 9 April (for catering purposes) Elaine Harrington (03) 5444 4364.